Fraternal Twins With fraternal twins (also known as 'non-identical twins'), the most common type, the mother contributes two eggs that each are fertilized in the womb by two different sperm cells from the father. Identical Twins. The odds of having twins are far greater than for any other type of multiple births. Around 90% of all multiples are made up of twins; the remaining 10% is with triplets, quadruplets and very occasionally quintuplets and more. Aug 23, · Absolutely. Newspapers are littered with stories of twins who confused police and prosecutors, either intentionally or unintentionally. The most notorious duo may be George and Charles Finn, former World War II pilots who were embroiled in a legal battle with the federal government in the s over their claim to a C transport plane.